Spouse or de facto partner of an Irish national

Under the Policy Document on Non-EEA Family Reunification, the spouse or de facto partner of an Irish national can apply for permission to enter or reside in the State.  Certain requirements, as set out in the Policy document, must be met in order for this to be granted.  However, rights under the Constitution and European Convention on Human Rights will ordinarily arise and where refusal of permission will result in a breach of rights, the permission must be granted.  We can provide expert legal advice in relation to an application and rights arising and can assist in the making of an application.  Where an application is refused there is a right of appeal and we can also provide legal advice and assistance in relation to this.